The Lisbon Council is always looking for people with bright ideas, new methodologies and indicators, and unconventional approaches to public policy. Areas that are of particular interest to us are knowledge economy, innovation, climate change, environmental and fiscal sustainability, education, skills, human capital, state transformation, consumer policy and demography. In a nutshell, we are interested in large-scale transformations, which will impact the European society and economy in years and decades to come.
We have the capacity to bring new team members onboard in a full-time or part-time capacity, and without an obligation to reside in Brussels. As a Europe-wide, collaborative and innovative network, the Lisbon Council is a natural hub for change makers, disruptive innovators and policy entrepreneurs. If you are interested in working with us, please send us a letter explaining how you might be able to make a contribution, as well as a CV and any pertinent research you have done to date. All inquiries will be treated with utmost confidentiality. Only applicants that are considered will be contacted.
If you are interested in collaborating with the Lisbon Council, please send your materials by e-mail only to ann (dot) mettler (at) lisboncouncil (dot) net.
We are looking for an administrator / office manager.
Your job will be to:
- manage the database, including updating contacts, scheduling mailings, liaising with external advisers to maintain database functionality, overseeing and proposing system upgrades and pro-actively implementing database restructuring as and when needed; experience with database management is a big asset for any potential candidate.
- perform tasks pertaining to day-to-day running of the Lisbon Council office, which includes liaising with external service providers and answering the phone
- assist in the logistical preparation and execution of Lisbon Council events
- act as personal assistant to the executive director and president of the Lisbon Council
The ideal candidate should:
- have extensive knowledge and experience with cloud-based software
- possess superior organisational skills and pay great attention to detail
- be fluent in English and French (Dutch is an asset)
- fulfill legal requirements to work in Belgium
- be an entrepreneurial self-starter and team player with a good work ethic
The successful candidate will report to the executive director and be based in Brussels. S/he will be paid a competitive compensation commensurate with the responsibilities of the role.
To apply for this position, please contact us by e-mail only at email@example.com. Please write in the subject line ‘Administrator’ and include a current CV and a letter of motivation.
Only candidates that are considered for this position will be contacted.